Are you starting at the University of Manchester in September 2018? Are you interested in Athletics and Cross Country?
Or maybe you’re already a Manchester student and fancy trying out a new sport for the new academic year.
If so, read on for all the details about how to join the club!
- Freshers Week Sports Fair: come to our stall at the Sports Fair at Academy 1 on Wednesday 19th and Thursday 20th September and pick up a leaflet with all the essential club info, have a chat with committee members to see what the club is about, and hopefully sign up for one of our Taster Sessions.
- Taster Sessions: the club holds two taster sessions where you can come and get a taste for what we do by trying out some athletics events and meeting club members. Then join us in the evening for the first social of the year! Details are as follows:
- Cross Country – Wednesday 26th September, 3pm, MEETING POINT:Owens Park Gates: meet at the front gates of Owen’s Park, Fallowfield. We will walk down to Platt Fields park for a friendly 5km run around the park.
- Athletics – Wednesday 26th September, 3pm. 2 MEETING POINTS: Owens Park Gates or in front of the Students Union. We will then get the bus to SportCity where we will meet the coach, try out some training and get a feel for the club.
If you are interested in athletics AND cross country, your choice of taster session is up to you! Although bear in mind that the cross country season is about to begin! The athletics and cross country teams train together several times a week and hold joint socials, so you will get a chance to meet everyone at some point.
- Training: training sessions will officially commence week beginning Monday 24th September. Come along to any of our sessions and pick up a membership form. Details of training sessions can be found here.
View a pdf of the freshers leaflet here.
If you have any specific questions, do not hesitate to email any of the club captains. We will do our best to help! Contact details can be found on the committee page here.
We look forward to welcoming you in September!